Saturday, October 27, 2012

Yoga Student Questions!





One of my students asked me about what she could do for a few minutes each morning to maintain the great benefits she felt from our class and how I maintain my daily practice.


So here are my simple steps My 5 tips. 
1. Set you alarm for 15 minutes earlier.
2. Go to the toilet.
3. Unroll you mat
4. Start your practice
5. Connect to your breath and start to move.
This is how mine started and still continues 5 years later. 
I hear lots of reason why people cant get to their mat, to tired, not enough time, to cold, I have children, and theses are all the reasons you should get to your mat to do just 5 minutes. If you have any of the reasons above then do your yoga in bed. It takes just a few minutes the amazing benefits your body will soon start craving more. You could start by connecting with your breath, full body stretching, knees side to side to gently wake up the spine, knees in to chest (right knee first to help elimination) all these simple movements will help aid digestion and gently energise the body and clear the mind for the day ahead.
Yes some mornings for me don't flow as well as others, but what I have learnt to do over time is to listen to my body (not my mind) and go inside and offer the body what I think it needs that morning, you will surprised that once you start to move and wake the body and connect with your breath the body starts to respond and sometimes these slow starters turn out to be the best practices. 
Making time for our selves is one of the hardest things people talk about when they come to holiday with us. For me it should be the first on the list each day to keep us healthy, connected and open for all the wonderful opportunities that come our way each day that most of the time we miss because we are so wrapped up in our daily routine, work or other peoples business.

Start today.


No comments:

Post a Comment